As Liverpool continues to emerge from the pandemic the Echo is looking for a creative and innovative Life Writer to inspire our large and fast-growing audience and report on all the exciting ways people can enjoy city region life.
You’ll know the best bars and restaurants to recommend, love being out and about at events, understand our readership’s love of shopping and be passionate about the very many amazing things to do and see in our wonderful city.
No two days will be the same and you will be just as happy being out covering what’s happening across Merseyside, as you are working from your computer and multi-tasking to keep up with this fast-paced role.
A good grasp of SEO, or a willingness to learn, is crucial in this lifestyle role as is the ability to build online communities and develop a deeper relationship with our audience through newsletters and online commenting.
As a Life Writer you will play a key role in working towards targets. You will communicate well with our customer team to ensure our journalism reaches the widest possible audience.
We are looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds and we want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many communities so we can continue to diversify our content.
So, who are we?
We are Reach Plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human.
Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
This role has the ability to be flexible, we are open to candidates that are looking for a full or part time role.
This role is home working linked to our Liverpool Hub. We are therefore open to candidates based in an area commutable to Liverpool.
What will the role involve?
- Finding and telling stories about local communities which engage as many readers as possible
- Building communities online and in real life to share stories once published and engage with readers
- Telling stories in many different ways, including (but not limited to) real-time live blogs, article format, video, audio and pictures
- Becoming the expert in your area of expertise, building a following and audience for your content
- Playing an active part in helping your content reach its audience by sharing it in the right places and engaging with your audience
- Using analytics to inform content decisions
- This role includes weekend working, this will typically involve 1 weekend in every 4
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels