Managing Quantity Surveyor
At Telent, you will have the opportunity to be a part of something bigger. To keep things moving, to connect people. It’s important work we do. Learning together, inspiring colleagues, and making the entire organisation better. Join us and help keep the nations critical networks connected and protected 24/7.
Reporting to the Commercial Lead & Rail Director, the Senior Quantity Surveyor is responsible for the overall financial management of Rail projects within the Transport division of Telent. This role offers a flexible working location, however occasional travel to our customer sites across England is required.
What you’ll do:
- Manage commercial performance against business targets and KPI’s
- To be aware of and protect Telent’s commercial interests by pursuing prompt payment for work executed.
- Supervising the performance of the Quantity Surveying team to ensure quality and timeliness in delivery.
- Attend site meetings and contribute to the resolution of commercial, contractual and technical problems.
- Responsible, with the Project Manager, for the preparation and production of all agreed reports to predetermined deadlines.
- Provide day to day support to the Projects Delivery team in support of any financial/commercial obligations/issues
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, health and safety regulations, and quality standard.
Who you are:
You will have experience in a similar role and be able to work in a fast paced and high-pressured environment. You will have a strong QS or Commercial experience gained within a relevant industry.
- Experience working as a Managing / Lead Quantity Surveyor or Commercial Manager in the Rail / Telecoms / Utilities / Construction industries
- ARICS or ACIOB qualification
- Experience of using Oracle finance system or other finance system if not Oracle
- Working knowledge of NEC/Network Rail forms of contracts
- Good working knowledge and use of Microsoft Office suite of program.
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span many sectors, roles, technologies and clients giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- Car Allowance
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme.
Learn more about Telent: