Salary – negotiable
Part time – 32 hours (4 days)
A bit about us
We’re a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives, then look no further, Bupa could be the perfect match.
About the area you’ll be working in
We have a network of Health Clinics across the UK that provide a range of private Health services such as physiotherapy, health assessments, GP appointments and our growing provision of mental health services.
What you’ll be doing
As Lead Psychologist you will be responsible for the local clinical leadership of the onsite mental health service within a key Bupa client’s workplace and will provide clinical leadership and direction to a team of site-based psychologists. You will ensure an appropriate clinical governance framework is in place and be accountable for the delivery of high standards of clinical governance and quality improvement covering such areas as:
- Clinical safety, clinical incident and risk management
- Safeguarding, escalation and reporting
- Regulatory and statutory compliance
- Recruitment, onboarding and induction
You will also take ownership of some elements of clinical delivery for the onsite service and will manage your own clinical psychology practice within the onsite business. Using evidence-based practice you will provide a high quality, effective and safe mental health and wellbeing service to employees using face-to-face, telephone or video consultation depending on employee preference and need. Contributing to health promotion activities and initiatives for the client’s workforce will also fall under your remit.
Finally you will support the client’s wider workplace mental health and wellbeing strategy and for clinical delivery of the onsite service. By providing consultancy to support the client in delivering the healthiest human workforce you will contribute to a consistently evolving high-quality mental health and wellbeing service for employees within the client’s workplace.
Who we are looking for:
- Professional doctorate qualification in Clinical/Counselling Psychology as accredited by the British Psychological Society
- Health and Care Professions Council registration as a qualified Chartered Clinical/Counselling Psychologist
- General adult mental health experience
- CBT qualification and/or relevant experience or training and accreditation in one or more additional specialised areas of psychological relevance
- Extensive post-qualification clinical experience from a clinical psychology practice with diverse and varied clinical experience to draw upon
- Experience of clinical management
- Experience of leadership and team management
- Corporate experience preferably from a similar role
- Training and accreditation in one or more additional specialised areas of psychological relevance, such as EMDR strongly preferred
- Research and academic published work in reputable peer-reviewed journals strongly preferred
In addition, you will be a strong team player, have excellent communication skills and be able to work autonomously and at pace.
We’re driven by one purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and that that means our people too. As a Bupa employee you’ll be entitled to some fantastic benefits which include 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days as your length of service increases, the option to buy and sell holiday, an enhanced pension plan, life assurance and income protection. You’ll join our annual bonus scheme, amount variable dependent upon your role and performance. Looking after your health is important to us and you can benefit from our health trust scheme where all our people have the option of taking our market-leading medical insurance cover, which includes mental health support and treatment, at a greatly reduced price as well as a free health assessment every 2 year. You can keep fit at our free onsite gyms (local gym discounts where no onsite gym). We will support you to get to work, offering a season ticket loan to spread the cost of an annual train/bus ticket as well as our cycle to work scheme. Our clinicians also benefit from ongoing support for your CPD.
What’s it like to work here?
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.