Full Time, Permanent
About the job area
This is an exciting opportunity to become a Lead Editor in our Health Content Team. Working in our Battle Bridge House office (flexible working possible) you will write, edit and commission high-quality health information for the Bupa website. That includes our detailed information pages about medical conditions, tests and treatments, and our popular Healthy Me lifestyle articles.
You’ll line-manage three health editors and support them in their specialist areas of work. Working together with them, you’ll help to plan our content schedule and maintain good production processes, so that we continue to meet high standards of editorial quality. In addition, you’ll lead on engaging with other teams across the business who require health information input into their projects or campaigns. By building collaborative relationships with marketing and clinical stakeholders, you’ll create opportunities for health content to add value within the wider business.
Ultimately, your work will provide empowering health information to the general public and our customers. In turn this will support Bupa’s mission to help people to live longer, healthier, happier lives.
What’s a typical day?
- Write, edit and proofread health information content for the Bupa website.
- Research and verify information against clinical sources, using critical appraisal skills, and collate comments from medical reviewers.
- Commission freelance health editors, providing feedback and guidance.
- Line-manage, support and develop three Specialist Health Editors, with a focus on content production processes and editorial quality improvement.
- Liaise with key stakeholders from across the business (including medical, marketing and sales teams) and manage their content requests.
- Create and commission videos, podcasts, infographics and quizzes.
Who we’re looking for?
- Strong experience in writing, editing and proofreading – particularly consumer health information.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to build effective relationships across teams.
- Experience of people management - or being demonstrably ready to step into this position.
- Broad general knowledge of human biology and medical science, including an understanding of the importance of communicating medical statistics, messages, facts or advice to an external consumer audience.
- Experience and knowledge of producing and editing high-quality information that adheres to robust external standards. Experience of working to the Information Standard and following Patient Information Forum (PIF) guidance would be a strong advantage.
- Critical appraisal skills and experience of using evidence-based materials to produce consumer information.
- Creative thinking and the ability to contribute ideas for the development of health content across a wide range of online and offline platforms.
- Experience of using content management systems to upload and edit online content.
- A good understanding of what makes digital health content work well for users.
Bupa celebrates you. Whether that’s through rewards or encouraging you to bring your true self to work. This becomes more than where you’re from. This is you. This is what we have belief in.
We’re a world-leading healthcare group, running care homes, health centres, dental centres and hospitals. At Bupa, we believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier and happier lives, then look no further.