Lead Bid Writer
Our Business Support teams deliver the vital services to ensure the continued success of our business divisions. These services include HR, Finance, Procurement, Marketing, Legal and Commercial, Estates and Facilities, Core Technology, Corporate Security, IT, and Fleet. Every person in every team is contributing to the lasting impact our Team makes. Help keep the nation’s critical digital infrastructures connected and protected.
Reporting to the Head of Bidding, you will be responsible for managing a team of bid writers. This is an exciting opportunity to join a winning bid team who are working at the forefront of telecommunications and technology, bidding across the rail sector. You will play a key part in the development of high-quality content and responses for PQQ, Bid and Proposal submissions.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the development of bid responses to meet milestones in the bid programme, keeping bid teams (and bid managers) updated on progress.
- Contribute to developing the win strategy for bids and proposals, supporting sales managers. Incorporate the strategy into written responses, aligning these with overall Telent value proposition and ensuring that Telent’s differentiators are clearly communicated.
- Coordinate the team in developing re-usable content for use in future bids and proposals.
- Work with the marketing team to ensure all developed content is aligned to Telent strategic messages, brand guidelines and documentation standards.
- Attend and contribute to win/loss reviews, gathering feedback on your work and actively seeking ways to improve the quality of proposals and responses. Coach other bid writers in performing this activity.
- Leading answer plan workshops (as required).
Who you are:
The successful candidate will have previous experience in high value proposal bids the public sector in an environment such as Traffic, Rail, Intelligent Transport Systems, Defence and Emergency Services markets.
- Evidence of coaching and developing bid writers, and of improving writing processes
- Strong organisation skills and have experience of working in a team (often virtual) to produce high-quality written deliverables.
- Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to communicate, persuade and influence at all levels via strong interpersonal communications skills.
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span many sectors, roles, technologies and clients giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme.
Learn more about Telent: