Laundry Assistant (Weekends)
Richmond Witney Retirement Village, Coral Springs Way, Witney OX28 5DG
Providing more than just retirement living. Richmond Village offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires a first-class service. We’re looking for a Laundry Assistant at Richmond Witney, to ensure all laundry items are cleaned with care and to the highest standard.
Working hours and salary
£9.18 per hour
What your typical day involves
- Washing, drying and ironing residents clothing, bedding and communal laundry, including for our on-site care home residents
- Managing the collection and effective distribution of all laundry items
- Reporting all safety hazards to management, ensuring Health and Safety standards and COSHH are adhered to at all times
- Interacting with our residents and visitors in a friendly and courteous manner
Who we’re looking for
You’ll have experience in a laundry or domestic cleaning role, with a basic understanding of health and safety and COSHH. Friendly and approachable, you’ll build strong working relationships with your colleagues, residents and their families – using your excellent communication skills to work effectively as part of a team. With a keen eye for detail, you take pride in your work and understand the importance of working to the highest standards as always maintaining a safe working environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 2 years’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions.
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
Richmond Witney is a state-of-the-art retirement village set in beautifully landscaped grounds that include luxury independent apartments offering domiciliary care and an onsite care home with en-suite beds offering residential and nursing care. Situated in Witney, off the A40, the village is just off Curbridge Road with a bus stop outside the village on the main road. The team are passionate about person centred care, offering an aspirational lifestyle to our residents whilst always helping them retain their independence. From events with the local community and charity fundraisers to birthday celebrations and entertainers – no two days are ever the same at Richmond Witney. There’s a real sense of community here and as part of the team, you’re supported from day one to learn, develop and encouraged to progress.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is accessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Job Reference: RIC022Q_1623321626
Salary: Up to £9.18 per hour + Excellent Benefits
Salary From: £9.18
Salary To: £9.18
Job Industries: Medical and Nursing
Job Locations: Witney, Oxfordshire
Job Types: Permanent