Sandhills Care Home, Sandhills Court,Exeter Road,Scunthorpe,DN15 7AS
It’s the small things that can often make the biggest difference. At Bupa Care Homes, we know it’s our privilege to care for people – supporting them to live with dignity and independence. Right now, we’re looking for a caring and organised individual to join us as a Kitchen Assistant at Sandhills care home in Scunthorpe to help us be the positive difference to our resident’s lives.
- Acting as the link between the main kitchen and our residents
- Assisting the chefs to plate meals, prepare food trolleys and ensure all preparation areas are kept clean and tidy
- Monitoring stock rotation, complying to company policies and procedures following all mandatory COSHH and HACPP guidelines
- Assist with catering for special events such as summer BBQs and Christmas parties
A passion for food with previous experience working in a kitchen and a Basic Food Hygiene Certificate. You want to deliver an excellent service at each meal and make our residents feel at home. You’ll understand the importance of maintaining high standards in and around the home, ensuring our residents enjoy a pleasant dining experience. Working with the wider kitchen and care home teams – you’re comfortable communicating with others, cherishing the little moments with our residents.
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Uniform provided
- Free flu vaccine
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We’re a big company but no matter what business area you’re in, our purpose is simple – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Want to know more? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter by searching for Bupa UK Careers.
Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.