Brunswick Court Care Home, 62 Stratford Road, Watford, WD17 4JB
Working hours and salary
£8.72 per hour
Sociable working hours
Part time contract – 32 hours per
What your typical day involves
- Acting as the link between the main kitchen and our residents
- Assisting the chefs to plate meals, prepare food trolleys and ensure all preparation areas are kept clean and tidy
- Monitoring stock rotation, complying to company policies and procedures following all mandatory COSHH and HACPP guidelines
- Assist with catering for special events such as summer BBQs and Christmas parties
Who we’re looking for
A passion for food with previous experience working in a kitchen and a Basic Food Hygiene Certificate. You want to deliver an excellent service at each meal and make our residents feel at home. You’ll understand the importance of maintaining high standards in and around the home, ensuring our residents enjoy a pleasant dining experience. Working with the wider kitchen and care home teams – you’re comfortable communicating with others, cherishing the little moments with our residents.
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 2 years’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions.
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
About our home
Just a 12 minute walk from Watford Junction station, Brunswick Court sits in a residential area and provides residential and nursing care, including care for Huntington’s and Parkinson’s. The home is also taking part in an NHS initiative, discharge to assess, which allows people to recover in our home rather than staying in hospital. With a real community feel, the team are passionate about providing person centred care, championing dignity and independence – organising a wide variety of activities meaning there’s no typical day here. As part of the team, you’re supported from day one to learn, develop and encouraged to progress.
Who we are
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We’re a big company but no matter what business area you’re in, our purpose is simple – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
And we have belief in you to help us achieve it.
Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.