Field House Care Home, 8 Townsend Road, Harpenden, AL5 4BQ
Part Time: 20 – 25 hours per week
- Acting as the link between the main kitchen and our residents
- Assisting the chefs to plate meals, prepare food trolleys and ensure all preparation areas are kept clean and tidy
- Monitoring stock rotation, complying to company policies and procedures following all mandatory COSHH and HACPP guidelines
- Assist with catering for special events such as summer BBQs and Christmas parties
A passion for food with previous experience working in a kitchen and a Basic Food Hygiene Certificate. You want to deliver an excellent service at each meal and make our residents feel at home. You’ll understand the importance of maintaining high standards in and around the home, ensuring our residents enjoy a pleasant dining experience. Working with the wider kitchen and care home teams – you’re comfortable communicating with others, cherishing the little moments with our residents.
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 2 years’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions.
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
About our home
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We’re a big company but no matter what business area you’re in, our purpose is simple – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.