Goole Showcase Journalist
£Competitive plus Excellent Company Benefits
We are looking for a talented Journalist who can help make sure the most important stories of the day reach the readers who need to see them – even if they are not looking for them.
Google recently announced the launch of Showcase, a partnership with publishers to present the most important stories of the day to readers around the country.
It’s a frustration we’ve all had: How do we get the stories to readers who need them – but don’t know to look for them?
In this role, you’ll be part of the answer. You will work with newsrooms across Ireland – from the Irish Mirror to Cork Beo, to pick the stories which need to be promoted, updating various surfaces multiple times a day.
You’ll work alongside a team of Journalists, who will split their time between your team and developing as Reporters themselves.
We need people with great news sense who understands what each and every one of our brands is trying to stand for.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Irish Mirror, Irish Daily Star, DublinLive, BelfastLive, RSVP and Cork Beo. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Work within a team of brand content curators
- Publish content online, with an initial focus on mobile platforms including Google News and Google Discover
- Curating content: Selecting stories, checking headlines and choosing images for content published
- Ensure Reach digital publishing standards are met at all times
- Ensure IPSO standards are met at all times, and every piece of content is legally sound
- Mentor and develop the team’s trainee journalists / brand content curators
- Taking accountability
- Fostering a high-performance culture
- Developing a culture of trust
- Rewarding and recognising great performance
- Ensuring the continued development of team members
- Relevant qualification within journalism
- Deep knowledge of media law
- Digital publishing experience
- Consider the Customer in everything we do
- Demonstration of working collaboratively, internally and externally
- Demonstration of perseverance to achieve effective outcomes
- Demonstration of creativity and innovation
What can we offer you?
- 25 days holiday per annum when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave
- Defined progression pathway
- Enhanced Maternity, Partner and Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Share save scheme
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- A brilliant induction and learning hub
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Technology purchase scheme
- Car purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Lots of high street discounts
- Huge focus on Diversity & Inclusion. We have launched 6 networks to drive diversity at work and an inclusive environment, and to give you a voice. We hold panel events with internal and external guest speakers, and provide some really useful resources.
- Huge focus on your wellbeing. Free wellbeing apps and confidential coaching support, with access to free healthcare advice and counselling (available to your and your immediate family members who live in the same household). Some services are available 24/7 via call and live chat.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.