Why Join the Services Team?
The Services team is one of the core teams supporting all our MoneySupermarket websites, mobile apps and internal back office tools. They build and deliver the core services connecting the front end clients to the back end data systems, such as Account Services, Reference Data Services, Messaging Services, etc…
As well as maintaining the current suite of services across the Group the team is also currently working on completing the migration of our legacy platform to a new platform using open source and best of breed technologies. We are now looking to expand the team to work across all our brands and need a Java developer with Services and API experience as part of that capability.
What will I be doing?
Working in an agile software development team with an emphasis on producing RESTful Services in Java, the role involves developing new services along with maintaining, troubleshooting and improving existing services, which are consumed by the website and mobile applications.
A continuous integration approach is taken, using Jenkins for builds, deployments, and Git for source control. The services run on cloud based infrastructure, while MongoDb is used as the database. A test driven approach is taken to development.
You will be working in a complete team alongside architects, testers and system analysts. And whilst the code is primarily written in Java you may also find yourself working with other languages such as NodeJS, Groovy, C# etc. on occasion but knowledge of these languages is not required.
The person we seek must have the skills below but just as important is the ability to be positive, adaptable, have a can-do attitude, be pro-active and communicate clearly with a variety of fellow employees and teams.
What skills and experience do I need?
- IntelliJ / Eclipse
- OO principles and design
- Restful Services and SOA experience
- Source Control (Git or similar)
- Database (Relational or NoSql) experience
- Ability to work in a multi skilled team, cross-functional team
- Test driven development
- Excellent Communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, being a self-starter
- Knowledge of Java micro-service frameworks (Spring Boot, Dropwizard, Play)
- Experience of other programming languages (C#, NodeJS, etc.)
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services / Cloud-based infrastructures
- Previous work in an Agile environment
- Competitive salary + Bonuses
- Flexible working – Work your way!
- Share save schemes (SAYE)
- 27 days holidays +bank holidays (You’re even able to buy 5 more if that isn’t enough for you)
- We offer a whole range of flexible benefits where you can pick and choose what you want. Get in touch to find out more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please be aware that, if you’re successful in securing this position, the offer will be subject to several colleague checks that may include: identity, right to work in the UK, credit, criminal record, references and, where relevant, professional qualifications.
- Address No.1, 1 Hardman St, Manchester