Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Internal Audit provides independent, objective assurance to management and the risk and audit committees as to whether the framework of risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and represented by management, is adequate and functioning.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of IT Audit Manager – (IT Infrastructure & Cyber Security).
- Consistently deliver high quality audit work covering the IT Infrastructure and Cyber Security areas, which is conducted in multiple locations across the world, focusing on key technology risks and testing of global controls.
- Engage with and provide strategic advice to internal stakeholders by utilising knowledge of IT Risks and the governance, risk and regulatory frameworks.
- Manage the interface between internal and external stakeholders to ensure a common approach to and understanding of key deliverables.
- Exposure to Global IT Infrastructure and Cyber Security control environments, applications and processes.
- Support the delivery of the annual audit plan.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Past experience working in an Audit or Risk based role, e.g. Internal / External Auditor, Risk Steward, Control Officer.
- Ideally would have role relevant qualifications, e.g. Certified Information Systems Auditor, but assistance would be given to obtaining the qualification.
- Detailed exposure and knowledge of at least one core Operating System (e.g. Windows, Unix, Mainframe, iSeries) and Database technology (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase), along with an understanding of Network components (e.g. Routers, Firewalls)
- Knowledge of Data Analytics and use of tools such as QlikView is desirable, but not essential
- Relevant experience working in Investment Banking or Financial Services, including having a solid understanding of financial products and services.
The base location for this role is 1 Centenary Square, Birmingham or Grosvenor House, Sheffield.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Closing Date: Monday 26th August