As an IT Platform Operations Technician, you will be responsible for the logging, triage, resolution or escalation of all Batch related issues reported to the IT Service Desk, as well as the execution of Colleague requests and tasks to maintain business as usual activities that require the intervention of, or support from, the 2nd line team.
You will also contribute to the day to day provisioning and support of operational environments including execution and monitoring of batch processing, performance & capacity reporting and associated housekeeping tasks across a 7-day a week shift rota covering periods outside of general core hours.
- Responsible for resolving, triaging, or escalating incidents or requests assigned to the team
- based on experience, capability and skill-set
- Monitoring functionality of Core Systems such as Guidewire, Network, Infrastructure and CDL to support 99.9% availability during business hours
- Proactively develops and shares best practise across appropriate areas of the Service Desk and the wider IT teams
- Ensure all incidents and requests are accurately and continually updated in the Service Desk tool and assigned to peers and other resolver groups were necessary, including technology supplier engagement in regards to technical consultancy and problem resolution
- Drive the transfer of 2nd Line tasks to 1st Line colleagues using FTF (First Time Fix) techniques and knowledge sharing through training, education, coaching and documentation
- Actively propose, promote and contribute to service improvement initiatives, driving efficiencies within the Service Desk and the wider IT arena
- Strive to achieve continual growth and expansion in technical and business awareness and expertise through proactively seeking coaching and mentoring from peers and colleagues within the Team and other IT functional areas
- Actively participate in task delivery as required, and ensure agreed objectives are delivered to time, budget and appropriate quality levels
- Manages high-pressured situations in an appropriate manner, ensuring that standards of work are maintained, and deadlines are met
Skills Knowledge & Experience
- Analytical approach to troubleshooting
- Extensive practical experience of a number of IT areas e.g., network, infrastructure and desktop hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Knowledge of systems used in a financial / general insurance business e.g. policy / claims systems (Guidewire) including backup technologies.
- An understanding of command line processing and program function keys
- ITIL Service Foundation Certificate V2 or V3 desirable but not compulsory.
- Minimum: English & Maths GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent)
Benefits for you
- Up to 10% annual bonus
- Up to 10% matched pension contribution
- SimplyHealth membership
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy more
- Life Assurance
- Critical illness cover
- Further flexible ben
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.