What will you be doing?
The MoneySuperMarket mobile app is built by a small, independent team, consisting of excellent and enthusiastic product managers, designers, developers, testers and data scientists. We have an exciting and important set of new features to build in 2020 to make our customer journeys better.
We’re currently looking for talented, motivated and innovative people to join our mobile app team, based in our new, fast–growing product and engineering hub in Manchester.
Over the last 4 years we’ve invested £60m in a modern, high-performing platform that helps over 24 million unique monthly visitors compare products from over 800 providers. That’s just the beginning: we’re obsessive about optimising and innovating to make saving money easier. The mobile app will be key achieving this.
Why join Moneysupermarket Group?
You will work in an informal, flexible environment with agile teams. We offer competitive salaries plus standard benefits including 27 days holiday, a health cash plan, life assurance and bonus potential, as well as the option to flex a range of benefits to suit your lifestyle. Our people receive the training and support they need to develop skills and a fun social environment in which to enjoy a fulfilling career.
What you can expect from us:
- A collaborative, informal and playful work environment with Agile teams
- Managers and teammates who are invested in your growth as a technologist and as a person
- Work on a new platform built from the ground up using modern technologies such as Swift, AWS, Spark, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Akka, MongoDB and Apigee
- Access to tools and resources to do your job (best-in-class laptop, IDEs, Safari Online subscription, conferences and meetups, free breakfast, all the coffee you can drink, and much more)
- Ability to join and participate in multiple internal interest groups in trending topics like DevOps, Continuous Delivery and Big Data.
- Continuous Integration through multiple environments to get rapid feedback about your work
The person we are looking for has extensive experience in online or related areas. We expect the right person to be an expert in software engineering and have good knowledge of what it means to work with large and/or distributed systems. Furthermore, we need someone who lives and breathes Agile development, can focus on delivering, and wants to take a leading role in improving how we work.
What we expect from you:
- Comfortable writing code in Swift and using Apple libraries, particularly UIKit.
- Enjoys collaboration in a cross-functional team with product owners, UX experts, and data scientists.
- A desire to produce cleanly architected and well-tested code.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies, Continuous Integration, and source control (Git).
- Passion for continuous improvement and building a world-class engineering team.
- Experience of app store deployment and Apple’s Human Interface and App Store Review Guidelines.
- Experience integrating with RESTful services (JSON).
- An understanding of Objective-C and Swift/Objective-C interoperability.
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies, including Apple technologies such as SwiftUI and Combine.
- Experience of TDD, Unit and UI testing with XCTest / XCUITest / KIF.
- An understanding of common app architectures, notably VIPER, and software engineering design patterns.
- Designing and building RESTful services (JSON).
- Monitoring and support of live apps using appropriate tools.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please be aware that, if you’re successful in securing this position, the offer will be subject to several colleague checks that may include: identity, right to work in the UK, credit, criminal record, references and, where relevant, professional qualifications.
- Address 1 Hardman St, Manchester