Insight Reporter – YorkshireLive
YorkshireLive is the region’s biggest and fastest growing news website and has already won the Society of Editors social media team of the year award. We are now looking to invest in the success we have seen over the first 18 months. You will be joining a team that delivers quality news, entertainment and live content that is never boring and is committed to having a positive impact on the local communities we serve. We tackle issues without fear or favour but retain a humour and inclusive personality that befits our brilliant county. It’s about our audience, not about us. We are Yorkshire!
We have an exciting opportunity for an Insight Reporter to join this brilliant team. You will find and report on the stories and issues which matter to our readers in a way which ensures as many people as possible find, discover and respond to our work, helping us to have a positive impact on the local communities we serve. This role will highlight issues affecting our wonderful communities including those of race, demographic and geographic division plus wealth disparity and caring for an ageing population.
We’re looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to lead our teams to deliver the stories you believe are important from our many communities. Here at Reach, we strongly believe in the benefits of flexible working, work/life balance and autonomy in our day to day jobs.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- You will be an authority on local government matters, encompassing all public bodies, not just councils
- You will enjoy turning dry council and public matters into stories readers want to share and react to
- You will work closely with local democracy reporters, leading by example and collaborating to ensure the deepest possible coverage of local councils
- You will build communities online and in real life to share stories with once published, and engaged with readers about those stories
The ideal candidate
- You will have strong public affairs knowledge and be passionate about digital storytelling in local journalism
- Digital publishing skills and social media skills are both required for this role
- You will be NCTJ qualified or equivalent
- A driving licence is preferable
- 25 days holiday per annum when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave
- Defined progression pathway
- Enhanced Maternity, Partner and Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Share save scheme
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- A brilliant induction and learning hub
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Technology purchase scheme
- Car purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Lots of high street discounts
- Huge focus on Diversity & Inclusion. We have launched 6 networks to drive diversity at work and an inclusive environment, and to give you a voice. We hold panel events with internal and external guest speakers, and provide some really useful resources.
- Huge focus on your wellbeing. Free wellbeing apps and confidential coaching support, with access to free healthcare advice and counselling (available to your and your immediate family members who live in the same household). Some services are available 24/7 via call and live chat.