This role helps operations make better decisions, faster. It relentlessly challenges and improves existing reporting, maintains production, and works with our partners to develop our next generation of reporting. It delivers critical insights so that Hastings achieves its goals efficiently and effectively.
This role is a 6 months FTC, with the potential to go permanent.
About the role
- Work closely with Operations Insight Manager and stakeholders to prioritise business and information needs.
- Re-design and integrate our existing reports to respond to business challenges more effectively
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency and quality.
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Support and collaborate with the Commercial & Marketing division, and our Digital & Change and Chief Data Officer functions.
- Strong change agent with stakeholder management experience
- Understand and articulate the benefits and associated costs of enabling insight to become a data-driven organisation
- Design, build and test of reusable dashboards and reports based on user requirements
- Uses predictive and prescriptive analytics to answer key business unit questions
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages, databases and programming (i.e. Microsoft Power BI, SQL, ThoughtSpot, Cognos and Avaya).
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, VBA, SPSS, SAS etc.)
- Experience of an operations or contract centre environment.
- Knowledge of the insurance or financial services sector.
- Open to a flexible working pattern, including weekends.
Benefits for you
For us, flexibility is key. Alongside the financials of a pension contribution match up to 10%, 27 days of holiday (which you can buy or sell more of) and up to 10% bonus, we are an agile group that understands talent hasn’t got a template. Our team is spread across offices in London and Bexhill, of which you can be based in the office or at home, whatever is more comfortable for you.
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.