Insight Manager – 12 month contract
Reach is looking for an Insight Manager to join its award-winning Market Insight and Brand Strategy team. Sitting within the wider Customer Team, the team provides insight and analysis across our diverse portfolio of digital and print products.
Working in a fast-paced, exciting media environment, our Market Insight and Brand Strategy team primarily supports the growth and retention of ad revenue from both display and creative solutions advertising across our brands. The team also works closely with our editorial and product teams in helping to shape and improve our consumer offering.
The Insight Manager is a critical role within the Market Insight and Brand Strategy team, responsible for bringing Reach’s audience to life with internal stakeholders and media agencies. This role is responsible for developing insights across the business, primarily working with our sales and content solutions teams to deliver compelling sales arguments through new and existing research.
The role requires someone who loves turning numbers into compelling storytelling. The ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for media, advertising and understanding consumer behaviour. We are looking for a confident communicator who is comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders and clients.
Sound good? Here’s more about who we are and what we do here at Reach…
You might not have heard of us, but we have probably met without you even realising it. Reach plc is home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Oversee all day to day ad sales requests – this includes running reach & frequencies and producing powerful sales arguments using our own research or syndicated data such as TGI and Touchpoints
- To use a range of techniques for analysing data and disseminating findings, ensuring that presentations are understandable to non-specialist audiences
- Using insight to support the content solutions team and guiding creative propositions
- Drive the commercial business by presenting compelling sales arguments to the sales team, agencies and clients
- Analysing and interpreting readership, consumer and digital data
- Overseeing a number of regular reports for key business stakeholders including PAMCo and Ipsos Iris
- Manage an Insight Executive and a Senior Insight Executive including KPIs, performance and training
- Manage the regular updating of insight collateral including our Insight Hub
- Sit on the JICREG Tech Sub Committee and feed into future developments of the tool
- Represent Reach at industry meetings
- Manage relationship with various teams across the business e.g. circulation, publishing, sales
- Manage relationships with key system providers such as Telmar, ALF, Ad Intel, Kantar Media, Beacon Dodsworth, JICREG etc
- 3+ years’ experience in a media insight role in either a media owner or media agency
- Is an independent, flexible thinker who can communicate data in an engaging and easy to understand way for different audiences
- Self-motivated and deadline driven. Ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
- A strong passion for media and advertising
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for understanding audience/consumer behaviour
- Commercially minded – the ability to manipulate data to tell a strong commercial story
- Strong industry experience of working with, analysing and reporting data
- A team player who enjoys supporting and working with others
- Have in-depth knowledge / experience in all industry tools such as PAMCo, TGI, JICREG, Touchpoints, Google Analytics, comScore and Ipsos Iris
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel Skills
- Proactive and takes initiative
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave
- Defined progression pathway
- Enhanced Maternity, Partner and Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Share save scheme
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- A brilliant induction and learning hub
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Technology purchase scheme
- Car purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Lots of high street discounts
- Huge focus on Diversity & Inclusion
- Free wellbeing apps and confidential coaching support, with access to free healthcare advice and counselling (available to your and your immediate family members who live in the same household)