Insider Threat Analyst
£45k – £49k + Company Benefits
Full time – 37.5 hours/week
We’re a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives, then look no further, Bupa could be the perfect match.
Join a team that’s passionate about leading the healthcare market with products and services designed to help people lead better lives.
At Bupa you’ll work on high-impact, innovative projects in an organisation that makes a real difference. You’ll have to be ambitious and eager to play an integral role in our overall digital strategy.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role you’ll work as part of our Insider Threat team to monitor information security controls within Bupa for Insider Threat and Data Loss Prevention (DLP) issues. The role will require the successful candidate to analyse alerts from several security tools in line with information security policies and practices and confirm if an incident has taken place. Working as part of the wider Security team you will be expected to record, update and undertake steps to help contain, mitigate and see Incidents through to resolution. Additionally, there will be a requirement to provide help and assistance to the larger security function, to assist with other security incident that may require your experience and skill.
What’s a typical day?
Data Loss Prevention –
* Perform regular checks and look to identify any Insider Threats such as accidental or malicious data exposure, unauthorised or non-corporate devices being connected to the cooperate LAN and inappropriate web usage and content, and to ensure alerts are verified and either released as per standard or are blocked and necessary action taken.
* Perform user education, where appropriate, and advise on best practice.
* Provide statistics, when required, which detail vital management information on the use and success of the Insider Threat controls.
Information security –
* Work as part of the Information security team to assist where necessary and to alert them to any events of security interest.
Security administration –
* Maintain security administration processes about Insider Threats and ensure all checks and requests are dealt with according to agreed procedures and as expediently as possible.
Incident management –
* Investigate Insider Threat alerts and identify possible incidents.
* Escalate incidents to senior members of the team, and work with the wider security functions to deal with any incidents.
* Priorities and diagnose security incidents according to agreed procedures.
* Investigate the causes of incidents and seek resolution.
* Document and close resolved incidents according to agreed procedures.
* Use Email, Web, and Network Access Controls to monitor and analyse the security posture of the IT estate and identify anomalous activity and behaviours.
* Use the Web and Email DLP tooling to monitor and analyse for potential incidents where blocked events have identified anomalous activity.
* Use dashboards and reports to continuously improve security situational awareness.
* Help to produce monthly reports to present DLP activity and remediation.
Who we’re looking for?
We’re looking for someone who has a proven track record of working in a security team.
Ideally you will have Information/Cyber Security Qualifications/Certifications such as: Comptia, Security+, SSCP, CISSP Or CISMP.
The successful candidate must have an awareness and understanding of cloud technologies and applications, qualifications/certifications like AWS Cloud and/or Azure Cloud will be preferable
Experience in at least one technology tower out of: End-User Computing, Hosting or Networks.
You’ll have a track record of technical delivery working within a fast-paced & pressured environment with within Insider Threat or a DLP role.
Is able to take a pragmatic view, understanding how the business operates and able to identifies a balance between the management of Insider Threat and the requirement for the business to continue to operate efficiently.
We’re driven by one purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and that that means our people too. As a Bupa employee you’ll be entitled to some fantastic benefits which include 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days as your length of service increases, the option to buy and sell holiday, an enhanced pension plan, life assurance and income protection. You’ll join our annual bonus scheme, amount variable dependent upon your role and performance. Looking after your health is important to us and you can benefit from our health trust scheme where all our people have the option of taking our market-leading medical insurance cover, which includes mental health support and treatment, at a greatly reduced price as well as a free health assessment every 2 year. Your health and wellbeing matter to us and we provide lots of family friendly policies too. You can keep fit at our free onsite gyms (local gym discounts where no onsite gym). We will support you to get to work, offering a season ticket loan to spread the cost of an annual train/bus ticket as well as our cycle to work scheme.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.