An exciting opportunity has arisen for two In-House Lawyers to join our high performing in-house Group Legal team. These are permanent positions, with varying requirements on PQE, both offering hybrid working. You can be based at either our Bexhill HQ 1 day a week, or our London office 1 day a week with adhoc travel to Bexhill, the remainder will be home based.
This is an environment where inquisitive, pragmatic, commercial and solution-oriented people can thrive. With a highly engaged and motivated team, you will be working collaboratively with colleagues, constantly challenging yourself and the business.
Your remit will include the following:
- To support the Head of Legal to effectively deliver the services required of the Group Legal Department.
- Drafting, amending, advising and negotiating on a variety of bespoke and standard form commercial contracts with a focus on data, IT and insurance claims services.
- Understanding, interpreting and advising contract owners on the implications of contract terms and, developing the awareness of contract terms and obligations within the business.
- To develop a good understanding of the business and key contacts (internal and external).
- Ensuring that business protocols for the development, authorisation, execution and monitoring of all contractual commitments are maintained and developed.
- Providing support and assistance to the business support functions including Compliance, Finance, Tax, HR and Group Secretariat.
What we are looking for;
We have two positions available, at different band levels, one requires a minimum of 1 years commercial PQE, the other preferably 4 years +, although all levels of PQE will be considered.
- You will have experience of drafting, developing and negotiating commercial contracts and offering legal support to a business on a range of matters.
- A proven ability and demonstrable experience to manage a varied and demanding workload.
- A proactive team player and relationship builder.
- Formal legal professional qualification and practicing certificate (i.e. Solicitor, Barrister or Cilex).
- Experience of regulated financial services and working in-house are advantageous.
Benefits for you
- Bonus earning potential
- A generous holiday allowance
- Hybrid working, 1 day office based
- Pension matched up to 10%
- Flexible benefits (including additional holiday buy/sell, cycle to work scheme, opt in dental and so much more!)
- One of the best wellbeing programmes around with access to multiple wellbeing resources, support & tools!
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.