As a result of an internal promotion, we are looking to hire our next HR Systems and Technology Manager. It really is an excellent time to join us, with plenty of exciting projects on the technology roadmap to get your teeth stuck into.
But if that’s not exciting enough, you will be joining the UK’s largest commercial national and regional news publisher. With over 100 national and regional newsbrands, we boast the largest online audience of any news publisher in the UK. Brimming with talented individuals, we are incredibly passionate about what we do and our people.
As one of the UK’s top 50 inclusive employers, you will be invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity. We are also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
In this role, you will play a key part of the Reach HR Shared Services management team. You’ll be leading the HR Systems team, and work with key stakeholders across HR and the wider business to drive continuous improvement.
This role is home working and therefore we are open to candidates based across the UK.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human.
Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
Some of the key elements of your role will include:
- You will identify and lead on delivering innovation, automation and improvements to HR systems to a great end user experience
- You will act as the functional expert across the HR tech stack, collaborating with stakeholders to maintain and improve our HR systems
- You will support operational efficiency through automation and process improvements
- You will lead on HR System and Technology project implementations
- Delivering and influencing the HR System and Technology roadmap to support evolving business needs will be a key part of the role
- You will support stakeholders to establish system and technology requirements
- Analysing MI and reporting monthly on team performance and business utilisation of HR Systems
- You will enjoy getting involved in product and user forums for knowledge sharing and best practice
Who are we looking for?
You will be working in a similar role, passionate about HR systems, and looking for a move where you can really make your mark. We are looking for candidates with experience in using Zellis, Resourcelink or similar HR & Payroll systems. You will be well versed in system maintenance and configuration, with an understanding of software development and maintenance. Knowledge of SQL, ETL and report writing are desirable requirements.
Reporting to the Head of HR Shared Service, and with direct line responsibility for a team of 3, you will be a great team player, communicator, and able to adapt your management style to support, influence and coach your team.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes