We are looking for a skilled Employee Relations Advisor to join our HR Advisory team on an FTC basis until the end of this year. This role will help support some key activity we have currently, and candidates should be within a commutable distance of our Leicester or Bexhill based offices. Although the role is currently home based we anticipate you will work from home 3 days a week and 2 days in the office as social distancing restrictions ease.
The role holder will be aligned to some of our frontline teams specifically supporting them with their people issues offering proactive, informed, and timely consultancy advice as issues emerge. The role holder will be required to coach and guide line leaders so that they can:
- identify where action is required and appropriate
- effectively manage absence, conduct and performance via informal action and formal case management
- successfully navigate our Colleague policies and processes
- achieve positive and reasonable outcomes for both Colleagues and the Company.
Additionally, you can expect to;
- Manage employee relation case work, including supporting and coaching the line managers on best practice.
- Highlight any trends from employee relation related issues and supports the HR Advisory Manager with addressing issue areas on monthly report.
- Support the HR Advisory Manager with delivering the employee relations strategy
- Effectively deliver ER related training workshops to support leadership programmes and enable line managers to effectively manage people and any associated ER situations
- Work with the HR Advisory Manager to ensure that service and delivery against case work is aligned with operational expectations with effective communication on SLA’s.
- Support the HR Advisory Manager with delivering the employee relations strategy.
- Review daily, weekly, monthly sickness/absence data, highlights trends and proactively supports the operation on reducing absence.
- Ensure all manual and electronic HR systems are maintained, fit for purpose and compliant with auditing requirements.
- Provide ad hoc support to Head of HR Shared Services and HR Advisory Manager as required
- Effectively deliver ER related training workshops to support leadership programmes and enable line managers to effectively manage people and any associated ER situations.
Key skills and experience
A key focus is absence management, and we’ll need the role holder to be able to demonstrate a clear understanding and management of the processes involved in this including: absence MI analysis; action planning and individual bespoke case management strategies.
Additionally, we require that you have/are;
- Worked in a similar sized customer centric business in a similar HR Advisory/Employee Relations Advisor role, supporting frontline employees, preferably within a contact centre environment
- Comfortable being really hands on and owning your casework end to end
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to partner effectively with varying stakeholders and are able to explain complex issues in a straightforward way
- Ability to effectively coach leadership at all levels
- Highly organised and methodical and with attention to detail
- Analytical and numerate – ability to interpret and report on trends
- CIPD qualified or working towards this, or equivalent work experience
- Able to effectively use Microsoft Office tools including; Excel, Word and PowerPoint
What we offer;
- Competitive salary which we will share upon shortlisting, for more information contact
- Excellent pension offering – 10% matched
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell up to 5 days holiday, cycle to work scheme, opt in dental and healthcare cash plans and more!
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays, pro rated
- An excellent wellbeing programme offering you access to multiple partners such as Nudge (financial wellbeing support) and our colleague assistance programme, plus so much more!
- Smart Reward – access to various High-street discounts
uiHastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.