Richmond Witney, Coral Springs Way, Witney, OX28 5DG
Providing more than just retirement living, Richmond Villages offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires a first-class service. We’re looking for a Housekeeping Assistant at Richmond Village Witney to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and safety for our residents across the village.
Working hours and salary
Bank Shifts available
What your typical day involves
- Ensuring that our residents’ care home facilities, public areas and individual properties are maintained to the highest cleaning standards
- Operating vacuum cleaners, floor polishers and carpet shampooers
- Emptying bins regularly
- Sweeping, scrubbing, waxing and polishing floors
- Cleaning carpets and upholstery and washing woodwork, windows, door panels and sills
- Washing, drying and ironing residents clothing, bedding and communal laundry, including for our on-site care home residents
- Reporting all safety hazards to management, ensuring Health and Safety standards and COSSH are adhered to at all times.
Who we’re looking for
You’ll have experience in a housekeeping or domestic cleaning role, with a basic understanding of infection control, COSSH and compliance standards. Friendly and approachable, you’ll build long lasting professional relationships with your colleagues, residents and their families. You understand the importance of maintaining a safe working environment and have a keen eye for detail – taking pride in your work. With strong communication skills, you’re able to work well as part of a team, across functions and services.
What we’ll offer you in return
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Paid breaks
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where Health Roster is used. The above benefits are for permanent employees only – please speak to us about the benefits available for bank workers.
Who we are
Richmond Witney is a state-of-the-art retirement village set in beautifully landscaped grounds that include luxury independent apartments offering domiciliary care and an onsite care home with en-suite beds offering residential and nursing care. Situated in Witney, off the A40, the village is just off Curbridge Road with a bus stop outside the village on the main road. The team are passionate about person centred care, offering an aspirational lifestyle to our residents whilst always helping them retain their independence. From events with the local community and charity fundraisers to birthday celebrations and entertainers – no two days are ever the same at Richmond Witney. There’s a real sense of community here and as part of the team, you’re supported from day one to learn, develop and encouraged to progress.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is accessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.