Wykebeck Court Care Home, 543 York road, Harehills, Leeds, LS9 6NH
It’s the small things that often make the biggest difference. At Bupa Care Homes, we know it’s our privilege to care for people – supporting them to live with dignity and independence. Right now, we’re looking for a caring and organised individual to join us as a Housekeeping Assistant at Wykebeck Court care home in Harehills, Leeds to help us be the positive difference to our resident’s lives.
- You’ll be responsible for maintaining high standards of cleanliness within the home, working closely with our other housekeeping and maintenance staff
- Always ensuring our residents are kept happy, you will vacuum, mop floors, polish and generally ensure the up-keep of all communal areas and our resident’s bedrooms
- You’ll maintain housekeeping stocks for day to day use and raise any issues to the Housekeeping Supervisor as you go
You take pride in ensuring your work is always completed to a high standard and can maintain an organised environment. Often managing multiple requests at once, you’ll be comfortable multitasking and where necessary, working with other teams to ensure our residents are kept happy in their home.
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 2 years’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
About our home
Rated ‘Good’ by the CQC, Wykebeck Court is a purpose built care home in Leeds where the team are passionate about providing person centred care. Championing dignity and independence, our residents are encouraged to contribute to the running of the home. With attractive and secure gardens the home offers nursing and residential care for those over the age of 60. As part of the team, you’re supported from day one to learn, develop and encouraged to progress.
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We’re a big company but no matter what business area you’re in, our purpose is simple – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Want to know more? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter by searching for Bupa UK Careers.
Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.