Northhampton, Bridge Meadow Way, Garnge Park, Northampton, NN4 5EB
Providing more than just retirement living. Richmond Village offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires a first-class service. As a Housekeeping Assistant at Richmond Village, Northampton, you’ll ensure the comfort and well-being of our residents by cleaning, tidying and ensuring all areas of the village are maintained and presentable.
Working hours and salary
£8.72 p/h – 6 hour shifts
School friendly hours available
What your typical day involves
- Ensuring that our residents’ care home facilities and individual properties are maintained to the highest standards
- General housekeeping and cleaning including sweeping, scrubbing, waxing and polishing floors as well as dusting and polishing furniture
- Operating vacuum cleaners, floor polishers and carpet shampooers
- Emptying bins regularly and transporting rubbish to disposal areas
- Ensuring equipment is stored properly and that utility and storage rooms are clean
- Washing, drying and ironing residents bedding and communal laundry
- Ensuring the Housekeeping trolley is clean, tidy and well stocked
- Reporting all safety hazards to management, ensuring Health and Safety standards and COSHH are adhered to at all times
Who we’re looking for
You understand the importance of working to high standards, maintaining a safe working environment and previous experience in a housekeeping role would be desirable.
Organised and self-motivated with the ability to work on your own initiative, you have a keen eye for detail and take pride in your work. With strong communication skills, you’re sensitive to the needs of others and flexible in your approach when working as part of a team.
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 2 years’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions.
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
Dubbed the county of squires and spires due to its wide variety of historic buildings and country houses, Northamptonshire is at the crossroads of central England. From castles built by William the Conqueror to beautiful Georgian squares and magnificent churches, you’ll find wealth of historical interest here.
Richmond Northampton is located close to the M1 offering excellent links to both the south and north of the country
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is accessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.