Stroud Rd, Painswick, Stroud GL6 6UL
Providing more than just retirement living, Richmond Village painswick offers an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires a first-class service. From setting up for service to welcoming residents into our restaurant – we’re looking for a friendly Host/Hostess to deliver an excellent dining experience.
Working hours and salary
What your typical day involves
- Setting up tables in the restaurant and café
- Serving in the restaurant and café at mealtimes
- Preparing trays and providing room service to village residents who wish to stay in their rooms for meals
- Serving drinks at the bar as required (only applicable to applicants over 18 years old)
- Ensuring that the restaurant and café are tidy and meet all high standards
- Keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy at all times
- You may also be asked to support other areas as required, such as serving meals to or removing trays from resident’s rooms, restocking resident’s personal kitchens or delivering refreshments to other locations in the village.
Who we’re looking for
You’re someone that cares for others and wants to make a real difference to people’s lives. You have previous customer service experience and you might also have some experience in a catering role or kitchen role although this is not as essential, as training is provided. A great communicator, you’ll enjoy working in a close-knit team, with people from all walks of life. Always looking to deliver an excellent service to our residents, you’ll use your knowledge of maintaining a clean, tidy, safe and hygienic environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension and Life assurance
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Smile Everyday+ – a health and well-being package giving access to 24/7 health lines along with access to a Physiotherapist for muscle, joint and bone support
- Retailer discounts, including interest free travel ticket loans, discounted gym membership and discounts on Bupa dental care
- Free flu vaccine
Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.