Richmond Aston-on-Trent, Richmond Drive, Aston-on-Trent, Derby, DE72 2EA
Providing more than just retirement living, Richmond Village Aston-on-Trent offers an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires a first-class service. From setting up for service to welcoming residents into our restaurant – we’re looking for a friendly Host/Hostess to deliver an excellent dining experience.
Working hours and salary
£9.10 per hour
Shifts between the hours of 8am and 8pm, Monday to Sunday
What your typical day involves
- Setting up tables in the restaurant and café
- Serving in the restaurant and café at mealtimes
- Preparing trays and providing room service to village residents who wish to stay in their rooms for meals
- Serving drinks at the bar as required (only applicable to applicants over 18 years old)
- Ensuring that the restaurant and café are tidy and meet all high standards
- Keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy at all times
- You may also be asked to support other areas as required, such as serving meals to or removing trays from resident’s rooms, restocking resident’s personal kitchens or delivering refreshments to other locations in the village.
Who we’re looking for
You’re someone that cares for others and wants to make a real difference to people’s lives. You have previous customer service experience and you might also have some experience in a catering role or kitchen role although this is not as essential, as training is provided. A great communicator, you’ll enjoy working in a close-knit team, with people from all walks of life. Always looking to deliver an excellent service to our residents, you’ll use your knowledge of maintaining a clean, tidy, safe and hygienic environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- NEST workplace pension and Life assurance
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
Who we are
Set in the south Derbyshire countryside, Richmond Aston-on-Trent is located in the quintessential English village of Aston-on-Trent. Situated on the River Trent and mentioned in the Doomsday Book, Aston-on-Trent has always been a lively agricultural community. Today, much of the village is now a conservation area and contains many old and fascinating buildings. The village is situated close to the M1 and the A52 making it easily accessible to both the north and south of the country. Close by are Derby, Nottingham and Burton-upon-Trent. Richmond Aston-on-Trent is a purpose-built retirement community in South Derbyshire. Apartments and Suites are available to buy and the Village Care Home provides nursing and residential dementia care.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.