Hospital Contracts Administrator
Salford Quays or Staines
Up to £25K, depending on experience / location
Closing date 2 June 2020
We’re a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives, then look no further. Bupa could be the perfect match.
Do you want to be part of our long-term plans? We have a wide range of roles in the UK or Global teams, spread across many areas for you to choose from.
What you’ll be doing
Our Hospital Management team actively works with hospitals to optimise services provided, improve quality and patient experience, and maximise value for our members. The Contracts Assistant plays a key role in enabling the negotiation, agreement and administration of contracts with our providers.
What’s a typical day?
- Support Contract Executives and Contract Manager to negotiate and agree contracts with providers by preparing draft contracts / pricing schedules and reviewing proposals from providers
- Liaise with providers to ensure the timely submission of tender responses, signed contracts and completed quality submissions
- Make sure that annual price increases are processed correctly, and that databases and systems are up to date
- Support prompt agreement of contract change orders by making sure the provider has submitted complete and accurate information and chasing providers for responses to queries and agreeing prices for new services
- Monitor provider billing backlogs and proactively work with providers to resolve billing issues.
- Agree one-off prices with providers for provision of non-contracted services and ex-gratia payments for resolution of provider issues.
- Work with providers to make sure our administrative processes and procedures are complied with and instances of non-compliance are identified and proactively addressed
- Work with providers and internal teams to ensure effective resolution of escalated provider queries relating to aged debt / accuracy of Bupa payments.
- Interpret and communicate contracts, and resolve provider queries
- Support the resolution of complaints about hospitals and levels of service
Who we’re looking for
- A bright, energetic, ambitious team player, with the confidence to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships
- Career-driven and passionate,
- Clear, confident communication skills, with the credibility to challenge and make decisions
- Numerate and analytical, with a keen eye for detail and a logical mindset, able to spot and resolve issues
- Good MS Office skills
- Comfortable managing own workload and prioritising competing demands from multiple stakeholders
- The ability to communicate complex issues clearly and present compelling arguments / proposals using fact-based evidence and research
- Experience of reading, interpreting and drafting contracts would be great, but not essential
We’re driven by one purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and that that means our people too. As a Bupa employee you’ll be entitled to some fantastic benefits which include 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days as your length of service increases, the option to buy and sell holiday, an enhanced pension plan, life assurance and income protection. You’ll join our annual bonus scheme, amount variable dependent upon your role and performance. Looking after your health is important to us and you can benefit from our health trust scheme where all our people have the option of taking our market-leading medical insurance cover, which includes mental health support and treatment, at a greatly reduced price as well as a free health assessment every 2 year. Your health and wellbeing matter to us and we provide lots of family friendly policies too. You can keep fit at our free onsite gyms (local gym discounts where no onsite gym). We will support you to get to work, offering a season ticket loan to spread the cost of an annual train/bus ticket as well as our cycle to work scheme.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.