We are passionate about providing a real work-life balance and therefore open to flexible working options. You can be based at our friendly Bexhill-On-Sea or Leicester offices combined with partial working from home or be fully home working for the right candidate.
Reporting into the Head of Claims Analytics, we want someone passionate about MI to provide insight into claims and counter fraud performance and enable to business to monitor, understand and communicate the drivers of performance, control indemnity and operational spend and target improvement activities on the areas that have the greatest value.
What will you be doing?
- Lead the development and delivery of high priority and/or complex analytical tasks
- Build a claims analytical strategy and supporting plan
- Own quality assurance for work undertaken by the team to ensure objectives have been met and that the data is high integrity
- Act as the primary point of contact for internal/external stakeholders
- Lead the development of processes, approaches and tools that strengthen the capability and organisation of the team
- Support more junior team members, providing them with the support, skills and training they need to achieve their targets
- Foster a culture of innovation and continuous improvement across the department
- Build a culture of effective risk management within your area of responsibility
We’re looking for people who have:
- Extensive experience in leading analytical teams with demonstrable commercial success
- Experience of solving complex, commercial significant analytics problems that involve large imperfect data sources/sets
- Flexible approach and capability to lead and work across multiple projects at one time
- Strategic thinking with ability to construct short, medium and long term plans
- Excellent numeric, analytic and problem solving skills
- Advance skills in use of MS office and statistical software packages (e.g. SaS, SQL, R, Emblem, Python, Tableau, PowerBI)
- An enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude and a strong ability to motivate the department as well as wider stakeholders
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
Negotiable starting salary dependant on experience
Up to 10% bonus earning potential
27 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top)
Flexible working opportunities
Pension match up to 10%
A supportive, dynamic and flexible environment
A brand new opportunity to bring your own experience into the role and develop the department further
Flexible benefits (including additional holiday buy/sell, private healthcare)
Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.