Job: Highly Specialised Cardiac Physiology – Invasive Diagnostics and Therapies
Location: Bupa Cromwell Hospital, Kensington, London
Role: Permanent, full time 37.5 hours – flexible working shifts per week plus on-call commitment
Salary: Highly competitive
Job Reference R1058742
We are currently recruiting for a Highly Specialised Cardiac Physiology in the area of Invasive Diagnostics and Therapies to work at Bupa Cromwell Hospital, which is an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London.
Requirements of the role:
- To strengthen coordination, clinical competency and education within the Interventional and Cardiac Rhythm Management Procedures and Invasive Arrhythmia Therapies. A requirement of rotational duties within other areas of Cardiac Physiology will be necessary.
- Advanced clinical knowledge in Electrophysiology . This will be balanced with the experience of Interventional Procedures and Cardiac Rhythm Management Devices.
- Cardiac Physiology Services within the Cath Lab is organised in the following two areas of speciality.
Invasive / Interventional Procedures
- Coronary Angiography
- Coronary thrombectomy
- CTO and OCT
- Internal Cardioversion
- Intra-Aortic Balloon Pumps
- Intra-Vascular Ultra Sound
- Left Atrial Appendage, ASD and PFO closures
- Percutaneous Angioplasty and Stenting
- Pressure Wires Studies
- Right Heart Studies
- Temporary Pacing
- Device Implantation: Pacemakers – single and dual-chamber
Invasive Arrhythmia Therapies
- Device Implantation: Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators and CRT Devices
- System extraction
- Internal and external cardioversion
- Electrophysiology studies and standard ablation
- Complex ablation using 3D non-fluoroscopic mapping and navigation systems: Carto v3/v7; Ensite Velocity; Rhythmia; Hansen
- BSc (Hons) in Clinical Physiology or BSc in Healthcare Science (Cardiac Physiology) or PTP equivalence.
- At least one certification for Electrophysiology and CRM: British Society Heart Rhythm for Cardiac Rhythm Management Devices or Electrophysiology / International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners for Certified Electrophysiology Specialist or Certified Cardiac Device Specialist / European Heart Rhythm Association certified cardiac device specialists.
- Extensive and current expertise in Interventional Procedures and Invasive Arrhythmia Therapies.
- Knowledge and experience of advanced and highly specialised procedures acquired through accredited courses.
- Able to perform a range of specialist diagnostic investigations on patients in a variety of clinical settings.
- Ability to think quickly, assess complex clinical situations and make decisions upon that information.
- Understanding of legal responsibilities within the role.
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
To be part of this highly supportive and passionate team, please submit your CV or contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter at Bupa, on 07714 073450 or