Richmond Cheltenham, Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 6PN
£25,000 plus benefits
Full time, 40 hours per week
Providing more than just retirement living, Richmond Villages offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires a first-class health and wellbeing service. As the Health and Wellbeing Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Spa and Activities programme, ensuring all revenue opportunities are maximised whilst maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
About the role
- Managing all people related issues, you’ll be responsible for the recruitment, training, appraisal and development of staff.
- You’ll effectively control and manage budgets, ensuring that financial and performance targets are met.
- Through assessment, observation and discussion with residents, relatives, friends and staff, you’ll use internal and external resources to identify resident activity needs and explore the most appropriate methods, including group events and individual sessions.
- You’ll organise, oversee and contribute to activities across the whole Village, providing a varied programme that shows consideration for the needs and wishes of our residents, including Care Home residents and those living with dementia.
- Liaising with the Company Health and Safety Manager, you’ll ensure all activities conform to the Company Health and Safety policy.
- You’ll organise outings and participate in fund raising events as appropriate, giving consideration to safety needs and staffing requirements.
- Maintaining a portfolio of information, you’ll update various records such as the range of activities available at the Village, resident assessments, resident participation and activity evaluations.
- Actively promoting the Spa and Activities to residents, staff and the local community, you’ll update the Richmond website and relevant social media pages and produce a weekly programme/monthly newsletter to highlight the activities available.
Who we’re looking for
You have a full clean driving licence, a GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths and an NVQ in Health and Social Care with activity units or equivalent experience. Involvement in community groups, Dementia Level 1 training and knowledge of the resident group would be advantageous. You have a creative approach to ideas, a good understanding of Health and Safety legislation and experience managing a team. With knowledge of organising activities, you have the ability to motivate others and communicate well with the resident group, always using a person-centred approach.
What we’ll offer you in return
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on an 8-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
Richmond Cheltenham is a brand-new retirement village located in the attractive spa town well known for its festivals of culture and racecourse. Heralded, due to its abundance of mineral springs, as a health and holiday resort in the 18th century, Cheltenham remains one of the most sought-after locations to live well in the UK.
Providing a perfect opportunity to retire in style, Richmond retirement suites are available to buy or rent. Lifestyle and care packages are available to make daily life completely enjoyable and worry-free. There is also a beautiful care home at the heart of the village providing a higher level of support to those who require nursing or residential dementia care.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is accessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.