Richmond Villages Bede
Hospital Lane, Goodyers End, Coventry, Bedworth, CV12 0PB
Providing more than just retirement living, Richmond Villages offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires a first-class service. As the Head of Maintenance at Richmond Bede, you’ll forward plan to ensure that the necessary maintenance and repair tasks are completed to the highest standard. Ensuring the Village remains fully functional whilst minimising disruption to the residents and staff at all times.
Working hours and salary
£30,492 per annum
40 hours pw, Monday – Friday
About the role
- Managing, training and developing a team of 6 people including Maintenance Operatives, Gardeners and Drivers, including supporting with staff inductions
- Designing and developing a refurbishment programme and capex programme of works
- Working with the Estate Manager to manage maintenance opex and capex budgets, set up a 10-year capex plan and ensure a robust PPM system is in place
- Ensuring the outside of the building and grounds are maintained to a safe and good standard of repair
- Reporting un-repairable defects to the Village Manager/Registered Manager to escalate or seek specialist repair
- Obtaining quotes and managing contractors in line with policies and procedures
- Ensuring that all health & safety and compliance checks are carried out in line with compliance timelines and leading the Health and Safety Committee
Who we’re looking for
You’ll have previous management experience in a property, hospitality or a maintenance role and a good understanding of building services such as electrical distribution and plumbing. With previous experience of planned maintenance and financial management systems, you’ll have excellent project management and IT skills. Friendly and approachable, you’ll also have significant experience of leading and managing a team. A Health and Safety or relevant building, electrical or plumbing qualification would be advantageous.
What we’ll offer you in return
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Paid breaks
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
As a retirement location, Warwickshire has much to offer. The county is steeped in history and has a wide range of amenities and places of interest to visit. Within easy striking distance of Richmond Bede Village is the town Warwick and its famous medieval Castle and beautiful Royal Leamington Spa. Here you’ll find street after street of stunning Regency architecture. You’ll also discover that both towns have a great reputation for shopping and eating out.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.