Head of FP&A
Our Business Support teams deliver the vital services to ensure the continued success of our business divisions. These services include HR, Finance, Procurement, Marketing, Legal and Commercial, Estates and Facilities, Core Technology, Corporate Security, IT, and Fleet. Every person in every team is contributing to the lasting impact our Team makes. Help keep the nation’s critical digital infrastructures connected and protected.
Reporting in the divisional Finance Director you will play a pivotal role in shaping up the financial reporting processes and managing change within our Transport division. You will be expected to support the short-term and long-term financial planning process for P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flows.
What you’ll do:
- Working closely with the Senior FBP to develop business plans for our Transport division and producing packs for board level presentation as part of strategic reviews and operational reviews.
- Leading the consolidation process for all financial planning and analysis on P&L, Balance Sheet & Cash.
- Driving continuous improvement initiatives by embracing the use of Power BI, developing automation where possible as well as developing more clever Excel models to make financial reporting more efficient and effective.
- Providing clear and concise analysis as required to enable the business to make effective decisions.
- Management of direct reports, working closely with the Senior FBP on wider team development
- Ensure contract review and control in place – working with the operations team to ensure contracts accurately reported, scrutinising financial results and challenging the business.
- Building strong working relationships across the Finance community, including Finance Business Partners, central FP&A team and Shared Services (AR, AP, Cash Control).
Who you are:
You must have a passion for financial analysis and be able to communicate financial insights effectively at an executive level. With experience of working in a business facing finance role and ACCA or SIMA qualified.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified.
- Previous experience of working in a business facing finance role
- Use of Oracle, SAP or other large ERP system
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent communicator at all levels of the organisation.
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span many sectors, roles, technologies and clients giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Car allowance
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme.
Learn more about Telent: