We have a truly exciting brand-new venture here at Hastings Direct!
Our Home Claims department is focusing on growth and development. As such, we’re now looking for a Head of Commercial to join us and help shape what this looks like. We’re looking for someone with a significant knowledge of household claims along with a strategic mindset. A roll your sleeves up approach given this is a brand-new role to the business but this means you can truly make your mark – this is your opportunity to help create and mould the Home Claims journey and help Hasting develop into a Market leading home insurer!
We are passionate about providing a real work-life balance and therefore open to flexible working options. You can either be based at one of our friendly offices (Leicester or Bexhill-On-Sea) combined with partial working from home, or, be fully home based.
Reporting into our Claims Technical Director, we are looking for a commercially focused and results orientated person to set, manage and drive forward the execution of our New Home Claims strategy. You will work with both internal and external stakeholders to deliver ambitious targets and support our transformation into a top quartile claims function as. You will also work closely with the underwriters to help drive policy growth. As a growing area of the business this role is critical to our delivery and success, meaning it will be exciting, busy and varied!
What will you be doing?
- Working in conjunction with external partners to establish Hastings as a market leading home claims handling function
- Setting the delivery of our strategy to maximise the commercial outcome
- Leading the forecasting and budget activity for our claims including setting and managing trading performance and updating monthly on multi-year strategies
- Owning the commercial performance of our claims ensuring these are documents and understood, and ensuring our targets are met
- Identifying trading performance improvement opportunities
- Ensuring there is a strong understanding of market, competitor and regulatory developments impacting our processes
- Holding accountability for identifying and developing business cases for strategic capability in our performance
- Supporting, coaching and inspiring the commercial team to ensure effective delivery
- Playing a crucial part in defining the broader claims strategy
- Working in conjunction with our Underwriters to accelerate our growth ambitions
We’re looking for people who have:
- Significant knowledge of household claims, including a firm understanding of claims and risk management principles and practices
- Proven background in strategic thinking – individuals who are able to set a vision to gain and maintain competitive advantage and deliver this within a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional commercial acumen – comfortable with the mechanics of the allocated claims P&L and drivers of performances
- Proven team management ability, experienced in building, coaching and inspiring a high performance team
- Embraces opportunities to develop and learn
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
Negotiable starting salary dependant on experience
Up to 20% bonus earning potential
27 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top)
Flexible working opportunities
The ability to stand out and make an impact
Pension match up to 10%
A dynamic and flexible environment
Private medical insurance
Flexible benefits (including additional holiday buy/sell, healthcare and more)
Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.