Head of Care – Clinical
Richmond Villages – Oxfordshire
As the Head of Care at a Richmond Village, you’re responsible for ensuring that our residents receive outstanding care each and every day. That’s why it’s important that we have dedicated leaders – inspirational managers that empower our care home team to meet our residents’ needs. We’re currently looking for a new Head of Care to join us at Richmond Villages to focus on the delivery of personalised care. You’ll be supported by the wider management team, meaning you’ll have more time to focus on the care provision as well as being able to support the development of your employees.
About the role
Clinically responsible for the ongoing care of residents within the care home – you’ll lead our teams, guiding and supporting them to ensure that safe and effective care is always provided. Ensuring all units comply with CQC standards of care, you’ll take appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for residents. Responsible for ensuring staff levels are appropriate, you’ll lead on all aspects of clinical governance and work with senior professionals to develop systems, processes and practices to strengthen clinical practise and resident care. As well as developing the strategy and direction for the care home you’ll also create and develop strong relationships with LAs, CQC and Primary Care Trust commissioners, always acting as a trusted healthcare partner.
Who we’re looking for
- You’re a Registered Nurse that holds a valid NMC pin number. It’s likely that you’re working as a Clinical Lead or Deputy Care Home Manager and looking for your next role
- You’ll have experience of managing and developing a care setting (preferably in elderly care)
- You may hold (or be working towards) a management qualification such as the Registered Manager’s Award
- Approachable and open, you’re a confident leader who can empower your team
- Passionate about caring for others, you’ll put the residents at the heart of everything you do
- With the ability to lead by example, you’ll share your clinical knowledge, cultivating an open culture amongst your team.
What’s in it for you?
- An exemplary working environment and the opportunity to develop your career within a supportive, professional team.
- Pension scheme, life assurance & bereavement support
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
Who we are
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age