Richmond Witney Retirement Village, Coral Springs Way, Witney OX28 5DG
Providing more than just retirement living. Richmond Village offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires a first-class service. We’re looking for a Head Chef at Richmond Witney, to lead our catering department in delivering a premium service across our restaurant, catering to serviced suites and apartments, meals at the spa and for any events that may take place.
Working hours and salary
£35,000 plus excellent benefits
What your typical day involves
- Providing high quality and nourishing meals to residents across the Village which comprises of the care home, catering for serviced suites, villagers who have booked a meal in the Restaurant / Spa or for a meal to be taken across to their apartments or for other specific events
- Leading and advising kitchen staff on menu and food preparation
- Taking responsibility for all food stuffs etc. in the kitchen, including budgeting, ordering, checking, storage, preparation and disposal of waste food
- Ensuring a welcoming, safe and compliant environment for our residents to dine in
- Working collaboratively with other department heads and function organisers for special events
- Consistently delivering a high standard of food and service while working to a fixed budget
Who we’re looking for
Passionate about food, you’ll have significant experience working in a professional kitchen managing multiple teams, ideally catering for customers with special dietary requirements. You’ll have the ability to lead and motivate a team, sharing with them your knowledge of fine cooking techniques, methods and health and safety procedures – ideally with an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent City & Guilds award. With an organised and innovative approach to your work, you’ll lead by example to create and deliver an excellent dining experience at each meal.
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 2 years’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions.
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
Richmond Witney is a state-of-the-art retirement village set in beautifully landscaped grounds that include luxury independent apartments offering domiciliary care and an onsite care home with en-suite beds offering residential and nursing care. Situated in Witney, off the A40, the village is just off Curbridge Road with a bus stop outside the village on the main road. The team are passionate about person centred care, offering an aspirational lifestyle to our residents whilst always helping them retain their independence. From events with the local community and charity fundraisers to birthday celebrations and entertainers – no two days are ever the same at Richmond Witney. There’s a real sense of community here and as part of the team, you’re supported from day one to learn, develop and encouraged to progress.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is accessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Job Reference: RIC022O_1623315839
Salary: Up to £35000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Salary From: £35000
Salary To: £35000
Job Industries: Hospitality and Catering
Job Locations: Witney, Oxfordshire
Job Types: Permanent