45 Hours – Annual salary:£28,829.28
Richmond Care Villages, Stroud Road, Painswick, Gloucestershire, GL6 6UL
About the Role
We have a great opportunity for an experienced and passionate Head Chef to head up our kitchen and ensure that we deliver a truly premium-level service to our residents, delivering modern dishes whilst retaining traditional influences. You will be responsible for catering for residents in the Brasserie-styled restaurant of the village, as well as our on-site care home and for residents who wish to dine within their accommodation.
Who we’re looking for
Previous experience as a Head Chef for at least 1 year and of consistently delivering a high standard of food and service while working within budgetary controls
A confident and creative individual with a strong passion for customer service and the ability to remain calm under pressure
Strong knowledge and experience of fine cooking techniques and methods and awareness of Health and Safety procedures
Able to lead the team from the front, advise kitchen staff on menu and food preparation and ensure that they are well trained and professional
NVQ Level 3 or equivalent City & Guilds
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 2 years’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions.
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
If you would like to join our team and be part of a thriving retirement community, please apply using the link, or send your CV and covering letter to: PainswickCareers@richmond-villages.com
Job Reference: RIC01LI_1599034320
Salary: £28829.28 - £29829.28 per annum
Salary From: £28829.28
Salary To: £29829.28
Job Industries: Hospitality and Catering
Job Locations: Gloucestershire
Job Types: Permanent