Group Insurance Programme Manager
Full Time, Permanent
What is the purpose of the role?
This is a crucial role with responsibilities to both the Head of Insurance Programmes and the Chief Legal Officer. The role’s primary purpose is to assist and deputise for the Head of Insurance Programmes in ensuring that the organisation has appropriate insurance cover for assets, liabilities and insurable financial risks, while adding further value through the application of wider business and risk understanding.
What does a typical week look like?
- Responsible for quantifying and communicating our risks and the strength of our controls in order to select insurance limits at the right level and make effective use of premium spend for areas of the business allocated by the Head of Insurance Programmes;
- Responsible for triaging all new enquiries and ensuring that new arrangements (new policies or extensions to existing coverage) are fit for purpose and cost effective;
- Responsible for a portfolio of policies, again ensuring cost effectiveness;
- Advise business leaders up to MU/BU/Financial Director level and the Legal department on insurance implications and requirements. Lead on pre-contract inception/acquisition due diligence activities; identify new requirements and make recommendations as appropriate;
- Responsible for managing insurance claims across the organisation to ensure appropriate outcomes, and manage the collation of claims data and communicate the results to MU/BU/Financial level, implementation of claim protocols and processes with business units and market units to ensure compliance and efficiency and desirable outcome of settlements;
- Responsible for the distribution and documentation of the Insurance Programmes processes and framework, produce and maintain process maps
Who are we looking for?
You’ll have a significant track record in managing the core classes of insurance. You’ll have substantial Commercial Insurance experience within the main classes of insurance: casualty, property, motor, Directors & Officers, liability and crime. You’ll ideally have multinational experience from an Insurance Company, either Broker or In-house and you’ll be CII qualified (or equivalent) or working towards this. You’ll have strong analytical and problem-solving skills which is supported by your proficiency in Excel. Networking will come naturally to you, as will managing multiple Senior Stakeholder and Business Leaders whilst managing competing priorities.
Bupa celebrates you. Whether that’s through rewards or encouraging you to bring your true self to work. This becomes more than where you’re from. This is you. This is what we have belief in.
We’re a world-leading healthcare group, running care homes, health centres, dental centres and hospitals. At Bupa, we believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier and happier lives, then look no further.
For more information, visit www.bupa.com.