London – 1 Angel Court (near Bank of England)
£50,000 – £55,000 base salary + Bonus, Car Allowance, Pension, Private Health
35 hours p/week
Closing date: 20th June 2020
We’re a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. Based in our central London office, the Global Accountant is a high-profile role. Your input will support Bupa to deliver on our purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
About the area you’ll be working in…
From Finance and IT, to Marketing and People (HR) our support functions are the backbone of our Global operations. The Global Accountant you will have significant exposure to Bupa’s international market units and exposure to senior stakeholders across Bupa Group.
What you’ll be doing…
- Preparing Bupa Group consolidated statutory accounts
- Half-Year & Full-Year financial reporting
- Business partnering with Bupa’s global market-units (e.g. Australia, South America)
- Delivery of reporting instructions to international teams
- Project work – e.g. systems
- Driving improvements in processes
What’s a typical day?
- Communicating with Bupa’s global finance teams
- Liaising with auditors
- Preparing financial statements
- Co-ordinating Bupa Group Report
- Interacting with senior stakeholders across the Group
Who we’re looking for?
- Qualified Accountant – ACA, ACCA
- Consolidated statutory accounts prep experience is essential
- IFRS / UK GAAP
- Previous experience in global corporation (e.g. top accounting practice or blue-chip)
- Advanced Excel
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
- Ambitious, keen to learn & gravitas to liaise with senior management
What’s it like to work here?
We want people to ‘love working here’, so much so that’s it’s at the top of our agenda and something you’ll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what’s most important to you. We’re a healthcare company so there’s a huge focus on our people’s health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
If you’d like to learn more, please visit https://careers.bupa.co.uk/our-roles/professional/