Richmond Villages Willaston, 261 Crewe Rd, Willaston, Nantwich CW5 6GX
Providing more than just retirement living, Richmond Villages offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our exceptional accommodation requires exceptional gardens and grounds all year round. We’re currently looking for a Gardener at Richmond Willaston, to ensure that the grounds of Richmond Willaston are maintained to a high standard and so that the resident/relative expectations are met.
Working hours and salary
£9.10ph Plus Excellent Benefits
Mainly Monday to Friday 6 hours a day
What your typical day involves
- Maintaining the village gardens, supporting with grass cutting and shrub bed maintenance, weed control, litter-picking, leaf clearance and watering
- Ensure the grounds are tidy and remove any litter. Clean out drainage ditches and culverts as required
- Providing a first-class horticultural environment for our residents, liaising with contractors where appropriate
- Advising the management team on potential gardening issues and helping to plan areas that require improvement
- Supporting our maintenance operatives with any repairs that may need completing such a fixing fences or painting outbuildings.
Who we’re looking for
Friendly and approachable, you’re passionate about gardening and have a keen eye for detail, you may even have an NVQ in Horticulture. With previous experience of general gardening or grounds maintenance, you’re comfortable with the safe use of chemicals under COSSH regulations. You’re adaptable and organised and happy working as part of a team, supporting the maintenance team as and when required.
What we’ll offer you in return
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Paid breaks
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where Health Roster is used.
Who we are
Richmond Willaston is a specialist dementia village in South Cheshire, this new concept will help to transform the way people are supported to live with dementia. The household model will create a supportive environment for those with early onset dementia, providing a positive and proactive lifestyle – surrounded by a beautiful woodland walk, a children’s play area for visiting children, a sensory outdoor garden as well as a café bar. In addition, the onsite care home will support more advanced stages of dementia.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.