We are looking to sign up a trainee football journalist to join a winning team at LancsLive as our specialist Blackpool FC writer. You will be responsible for finding and reporting on the stories and issues which matter to fans in a way which ensures as many people as possible find, discover and respond to our work.
This position is a trainee role which is a full time position.
So, who are we?
LancsLive is one of the fastest-growing local news brands in the country. We are part of Reach, which is the home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Find and tell the biggest and best stories about Blackpool FC which engage as many readers as possible and shed new light on the goings on at Bloomfield Road to fans hungry for the latest news
- Build a community of readers online and in real life to discover and share your stories across social media and by word of mouth
- Be the public face of our Blackpool FC coverage
- Tell stories in many different ways, including but not limited to news stories, interviews, features and real-time live blogs (especially around matches and fan Q&A opportunities).
- A particular focus of this role will be on email newsletters.
The ideal candidate
What are we looking for?
- Excellent knowledge of football and Blackpool FC.
- A passion for digital storytelling in football journalism.
- Strong digital publishing skills including working a CMS, shooting video, taking pictures
- Experience of using social media with a track record of building communities
- Knowledge of how to reach an audience via email newsletters and how to manage and grow that audience
- A good understanding of SEO
- Flexibility for working shifts
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure
- A team player, willing to work flexibly
- Lots of energy, enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Full driving licence
What can we offer you?
- 25 days holiday per annum when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave
- Defined progression pathway
- Enhanced Maternity, Partner and Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Share save scheme
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- A brilliant induction and learning hub
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Technology purchase scheme
- Car purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Lots of high street discounts
- Huge focus on Diversity & Inclusion. We have launched 6 networks to drive diversity at work and an inclusive environment, and to give you a voice. We hold panel events with internal and external guest speakers, and provide some really useful resources.
- Huge focus on your wellbeing. Free wellbeing apps and confidential coaching support, with access to free healthcare advice and counselling (available to your and your immediate family members who live in the same household). Some services are available 24/7 via call and live chat.