Warren Lodge Care Home, Ashford (Kent)
It’s the small things that can often make the biggest difference. At Bupa Care Homes, we know it’s our privilege to care for people – supporting them to live with dignity and independence. Right now, we’re looking for a caring and organised individual to join us as a Food Services Assistant at Warren Lodge care home in Ashford (Kent) to help us be the positive difference to our resident’s lives.
- Providing excellent customer service to all our residents
- Ensuring high quality food presentation at all times
- Serving meals and drinks to residents in the dining areas and to their rooms
- Cleaning of the dining area ensuring it’s tidy and presentable
- Serving refreshments outside of meal times to residents, relatives and visitors as required
Experience in a customer facing environment with a Basic Food Hygiene Certificate, you want to deliver an excellent service to make our residents feel at home. You’ll understand the importance of maintaining high standards in and around the home, ensuring our residents enjoy a pleasant dining experience. Comfortable communicating with others – nothing is too much trouble, you’re always happy to help the wider team, cherishing the little moments with our residents.
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 2 years’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We’re a big company but no matter what business area you’re in, our purpose is simple – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Want to know more? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter by searching for Bupa UK Careers.
Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.