Providing more than just retirement living, Richmond Villages offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires a first-class fitness programme. As a Fitness Instructor at Richmond Village Witney, you’ll act as an Ambassador for the Wellness Spa, providing professional exercise therapy and ensuring the fitness areas and activities are promoted and run efficiently, exceeding member expectations at all times.
Working hours and salary
£10.46ph plus Excellent Benefits
6/8 hour days over 5 days out of 7
What your typical day involves
- Assisting members in setting and achieving their fitness goals, offering advice and encouragement to each member during their visit
- Ensuring you’re aware of every member’s health status prior to each appointment, ensuring records are updates as necessary
- Ensuring all Wellness Spa users receive sufficient instruction to ensure safe exercise
- Dealing with all membership queries and bookings quickly, effectively and in a courteous manner both over the phone and in person
- Cleaning and maintaining all the Wellness Spa areas and equipment – completing daily checks as required, detailing all areas that require cleaning/maintenance attention
- Supporting membership retention through actively encouraging member participation and promoting a helpful and fun filled atmosphere to encourage repeat visits
- Informing the Wellness Spa Manager of any relevant issues at all times
- Developing and promoting organised events such as fitness challenges and group activities
- Supporting the Spa Manager to increase visits and revenue, promoting other services in the spa as required
- Covering reception and taking phone bookings/enquiries in the absence of the Receptionist
Who we’re looking for
You currently hold an approved fitness qualification and you’re skilled in the safe and proper use of weights, cardiovascular and flexibility equipment. You’re able to treat basic injuries and respond appropriately to emergencies. Friendly and approachable, you have excellent interpersonal skills and always deliver the highest standard of customer service. An excellent communicator with good organisational and promotional skills. With a keen eye for detail, you’ll understand the importance of creating a safe and clean environment for our members.
What we’ll offer you in return
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Paid breaks
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
Richmond Witney is a state-of-the-art retirement village set in beautifully landscaped grounds that include luxury independent apartments offering domiciliary care and an onsite care home with en-suite beds offering residential and nursing care. Situated in Witney, off the A40, the village is just off Curbridge Road with a bus stop outside the village on the main road. The team are passionate about person centred care, offering an aspirational lifestyle to our residents whilst always helping them retain their independence. From events with the local community and charity fundraisers to birthday celebrations and entertainers – no two days are ever the same at Richmond Witney. There’s a real sense of community here and as part of the team, you’re supported from day one to learn, develop and encouraged to progress.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.