Financial Accounts Assistant
Overview of role:
To work within the Financial Accounts team providing support in all aspects of the day to day financial accounting for Hastings Insurance Services and the wider group where applicable.
Day to Day:
- Manage the monthly supplier process for price comparison websites (aggregators), ensuring the timely reconciliation and payment of aggregator invoices
- Reconcile the insurer monthly payments, and to manage the payment of insurer cash to panel and group insurers ensuring sufficient cash balances are maintained and payment terms are met
- Produce weekly claims information for insurer funding requests
- Prepare and post month end journals, including accrued income and expenses
- Action corporate business to business credit control and ensure adherence to company debtor policy
- Assistance with the preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Provision of data to external auditors
- Any ad hoc tasks as requested by the Financial Accounts Manager or Financial Accountants
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Strong numerical, reconciliation and analytical skills
- Strong use of Excel, using formulae and V-lookups
- Ability to communicate at all levels effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work accurately with strong attention to detail
- Strong team player
Knowledge & Experience
- Currently studying towards an accounting qualification (AAT or ACCA)
- Basic knowledge of accounting processes including double entry book-keeping knowledge
- Salary – Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible Working – Please speak to your recruiter to discuss days in the office and home.
- Mental Wellbeing Support Programme – Thrive mental health app, colleague assistance programme 24/7 support, digital GP
- Health & Wellbeing – Life Assurance / Wills Service / Income Protection (75% of base salary for 2 years and covered after 1 year of service
- Competitive Bonus Scheme - All colleagues are eligible for our annual 4Cs performance bonus, which is usually paid in March. The scheme is based on Hastings’ performance against our business goals and your own personal performance.
- Tech Scheme – save up to 13% on new tech & household goods and spread the cost via salary sacrifice interest-free!
- Plus all the rest; – 25 days holiday with option to buy & sell a max of 5 days, pension matched up to 10%, cycle-to-work scheme, summer and Christmas parties!
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.