An exciting opportunity has become available within our Financial Accounts Team. Initially home based, you can expect to still have some flex to work from home when we return to the office.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for all the management and financial accounting for the retail trading entity plus all of the holding companies within the Hastings Insurance Group.
The team also ensures the integrity of the Group’s Balance Sheets by performing monthly reconciliations and using business insight to understand the movements and provide informative commentary.
You remit will include;
- Production/review of all month end consolidation adjustments for the Hastings Insurance Group
- Production/review of month end journals for Hastings and all holding entities within the Group, including accruals and provisions
- Calculation and review of technical provision calculations including claims handling provision, commission cancellation provision and bad debt provision
- Production of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, providing insightful commentary into movements
- Ownership of GL and broking system integration
- Ownership of specific balance sheet area and leadership of related monthly control meetings
- Maintenance of fixed asset register, ensuring adherence to IFRS
- Preparation of quarterly VAT, and National Statistics returns
Skills & Experience
- You may be currently working in practice or industry
- Experience of using an accounting package
- Excellent understanding of double entry bookkeeping
- Good financial and management accounting experience up to preparation of statutory accounts
- Excellent reconciliation skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work with autonomy
- ACCA or CIMA fully qualified
Benefits for you
- Highly competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, please contact if you would like this detail in advance of an application
- Compeitive pension – up to 10% matched
- Great flexible opt in benefits including, cycle to work scheme, buy or sell holiday, health care cash plan & more!
- Private medical insurance
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- £5000 car allowance
- 27 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.