So, who are we?
We are Reach Plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human.
Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
This role is home working, we are therefore open to candidates based across the UK.
What will the role involve?
The Finance Manager for Advertising will work with the Advertising team and Management Accounting hubs to deliver a fit for purpose BPC structure to support automated reporting for the end to end Commercial P&L. You’ll create transparency on cost and revenue ownership and business margins. This role will see you identify opportunities for improvement, supporting the transformation of the Commercial Finance team to a data-first, analytically based decision support function.
- Develop a deep understanding of end-to-end CRO cost base, optimising spend across the portfolio, supporting margin actions and identifying opportunities across volume and rate on renewals
- Support the preparation of weekly, monthly revenue reporting and cost management of the end to end CRO estate, identifying key trends and growth opportunities
- Support the preparation of annual budgets from a revenue and cost perspective
- Design KPIs to analyse and manage team performance
- Creation of the Commercial Finance Reporting and Analytics Store as the go to place for Finance and Sales Leadership to aid decision making
- Spearheading centralisation of cost forecasting with input from Business Managers
- Reviewing and approving month end Management Accounts for the Commercial Division and preparation of monthly reporting
- Working with business owners to monitor and report on any initiatives, driving remediation where required
The Ideal Candidate
Who are we looking for?
Qualifications & Experience
Qualified accountant (CIMA or ACCA or equivalent)
Experience in a commercial finance role within a listed company
Experience of developing analytic driver-based models to support decision making
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft and Google applications
Experience of Microsoft NAV
Desirable – SAP BPC systems
This role will require you to analyse large volumes of data and provide concise insights of key messages. You will demonstrate intellectual curiosity and be keen to challenge the status quo. We are looking for a highly organised self-starter with demonstrable experience in delivering the role responsibilities and the following competencies:
- Driving continuous review and improvement of reporting and financial analysis
- Problem solving with minimal guidance
- Motivated to implement ideas through to conclusion
- Relationship building, stakeholder management and strong communication including written and presentation skills
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join – After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.