£45,000 – £50,000 base salary + Bonus, Pension, Private Health
Manchester – Bupa Place, Salford Quays
Permanent – 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: 6th June 2020
We’re a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. The Finance Manager is a key role at Bupa, ensuring we deliver on our purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
About the area you’ll be working in…
From Finance and IT, to Marketing and People (HR) our support functions are the backbone of our UK operations. Supporting the UK Cost Controller, you will demonstrate your leadership ability by managing and motivating a close-nit finance team. As the Finance Manager, your guidance will drive the development of this team.
What you’ll be doing…
- Leadership and management of a finance team
- Monitor and control costs up to £100m
- Financial planning & reporting -3 Year plans
- Statutory accounts
- Business partner with Bupa Property, Marketing & Strategy teams
What’s a typical day?
- Supervision of finance team
- Partnering with Bupa Cost-Centre Managers
- Statutory accounts, VAT – all produced within tight deadlines
- Improve MI reporting; continuous review and development
- Financial control and compliance
- Sign off Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Ad hoc projects
Who we’re looking for?
- Qualified accountant – ACCA, CIMA, ACA
- Ability to inspire & motivate finance team – leadership skills essential
- Previous finance experience in corporate large-scale environment
- Analytically and numerically minded
- Advanced Excel
- Strong business partnering skills
What’s it like to work here?
We want people to ‘love working here’, so much so that’s it’s at the top of our agenda and something you’ll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what’s most important to you. We’re a healthcare company so there’s a huge focus on our people’s health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
If you’d like to learn more, please visit https://careers.bupa.co.uk/our-roles/professional/