We are the 6th biggest digital organisation in the UK and are recruiting for a dynamic and experienced Features Editor to work with our successful brand, the Irish Mirror.
You will be responsible for the features editorial operations of the brand, developing it in line with company strategy as directed by the Editor.
Due to the nature of the work you will need to based in Dublin but will be working home-based.
- Help to lead the reporting team, to achieve digital audience growth and engagement targets
- Ensure that resources at all levels in our newsrooms are clearly focused and managed as effectively as possible to deliver their targets
- Ensure effective use of social media tools by newsroom staff
- Act as editor and brand champion of our news brands
- Play an ambassadorial role for your regions brands and the business as a whole, in person and via social media
- Supports local and executive management in the delivery of overall strategy
- Taking accountability for the fair and consistent application of all our people policies, procedures and processes.
- Fostering a high-performance culture by setting clear expectations and having in-the-moment performance discussions.
- Developing a culture of trust, where people are safe to speak up, clear on their role in the team’s success and empowered to be their best at work.
- Rewarding and recognising great performance, celebrating people’s achievements and successes.
- Ensuring the continued development of team members, supporting them to reach their full potential.
- Partnering with our HR team to attract, develop and maintain the best talent to help the business achieve its goals, now and in the future. Including monitoring engagement and using employee feedback to continually improve.
- Acting as a role model and taking a lead on change initiatives to support the group’s strategy and our employees.
- Long-standing experience as a content editor
- Experience as a manager
- Strong news sense
- Proven Strong digital publishing skills
- Communication, including written, face-to-face, presentation skills and the ability to cascade consistent messages for maximum impact.
- Planning and organisation
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Irish Mirror, Irish Daily Star, DublinLive, BelfastLive, RSVP and Cork Beo. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What can we offer you?
- 25 days holiday per annum when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave
- Enhanced Maternity, Partner and Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Share save scheme
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- A brilliant induction and learning hub
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Technology purchase scheme
- Car purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Lots of high street discounts
- Huge focus on Diversity & Inclusion. We have launched 6 networks to drive diversity at work and an inclusive environment, and to give you a voice. We hold panel events with internal and external guest speakers, and provide some really useful resources.
- Huge focus on your wellbeing. Free wellbeing apps and confidential coaching support, with access to free healthcare advice and counselling (available to your
and your immediate family members who live in the same household). Some services are available 24/7 via call and live chat.
- We are a FTSE 250 Company.
- We are a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
- Many of the commercial roles are home based (when not visiting clients) which offers additional flexibility.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.