Have you been searching for an award-winning team to join? If so, this is the role for you! Here at Reach we are proud to be ranked as the largest digital publisher for multi-platform, and we are also the second largest digital newsbrand with The Mirror.
Working as the Executive Editor with our brand LancsLive, you will be leading the team of Content Editors and Creators in delivering compelling, engaging, accurate and agenda setting content to inform, inspire, and indulge our readers about their local lives.
You will be managing content, developing teams and ensuring audience targets are delivered every month.
This is a home based role, but due to the nature of the work you will be living in or around the Lancashire area.
- Lead newsrooms in producing content which engages readers and reaches as many people as possible.
- Publish content online, and ensure published to Reach digital publishing standards are met at all times
- Ensure IPSO standards are met at all times, and every piece of content is legally sound
- Manage home pages and audience engagement channels (social, newsletters etc) as and when required
- Mentor and develop reporters and others reporting directly in
- Taking accountability for the fair and consistent application of all our people policies, procedures and processes.
- Fostering a high-performance culture by setting clear expectations and having in-the-moment performance discussions.
- Developing a culture of trust, where people are safe to speak up, clear on their role in the team’s success and empowered to be their best at work.
- Rewarding and recognising great performance, celebrating people’s achievements and successes.
- Ensuring the continued development of team members, supporting them to reach their full potential.
- Partnering with our HR team to attract, develop and maintain the best talent to help the business achieve its goals, now and in the future. Including monitoring engagement and using employee feedback to continually improve.
- Acting as a role model and taking a lead on change initiatives to support the group’s strategy and our employees.
- NCTJ or equiv qualification
- Deep knowledge of media law
- Successful background in developing people and managing people
- Digital publishing experience
- Strong people management skills – essential
- Digital publishing skills
- Social media skills
- Strong local knowledge
- Driving licence
- Communication, including written, face-to-face, presentation skills and the ability to cascade consistent messages for maximum impact.
- Planning and organisation
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per annum when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave
- Enhanced Maternity, Partner and Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- A brilliant induction and learning hub
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Technology purchase scheme
- Car purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Lots of high street discounts
- Huge focus on Diversity & Inclusion. We have launched 6 networks to drive diversity at work and an inclusive environment, and to give you a voice. We hold panel events with internal and external guest speakers, and provide some really useful resources.
- Huge focus on your wellbeing. Free wellbeing apps and confidential coaching support, with access to free healthcare advice and counselling (available to your and your immediate family members who live in the same household). Some services are available 24/7 via call and live chat.
- We are a FTSE 250 Company.
- We are a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
- Many of the commercial roles are home based (when not visiting clients) which offers additional flexibility.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.