EUC IT Specialist 3rd Line
Manchester or Leeds
Up to £48,800 + Company Benefits Package
Full time – 37.5 hours/week
We’re a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives, then look no further, Bupa could be the perfect match.
Join a team that’s passionate about leading the healthcare market with products and services designed to help people lead better lives.
At Bupa you’ll work on high-impact, innovative projects in an organisation that makes a real difference. You’ll have to be ambitious and eager to play an integral role in our overall digital strategy.
What you’ll be doing
As EUC IT Specialist you will act as a technical consultant where appropriate, providing advice and guidance relating to your area of technical speciality whilst ensuring that quality solutions are developed, tested, and delivered in line with current IS policies, standards and procedures, within timescales and to budget.
The successful candidate will provide input to the formation of the annual technology refresh programme and conduct problem analysis and liaise with external suppliers to ensure appropriate fixes are applied to all identified problems.
You will ensure support documentation exists and is up to date for all infrastructure components and look for opportunities to improve the level of support offered for the same cost, including evaluation of third-party software and tools to automate repetitive tasks.
The successful candidate will understand your role in a disaster recovery scenario in accordance with the department’s business continuity plans.
What’s a typical day?
You will deliver proactive and/or reactive support of infrastructure components in line with agreed service level agreements and provide input to the Technical Services Manager in the overall development of technical plans.
You’ll regularly monitor the performance of the infrastructure and carry out tuning exercises as appropriate to ensure optimal performance and identify single points of failure and weaknesses within the infrastructure and identify options for resolution.
Who we’re looking for?
We’re looking for someone who is keen to join a high-performing team, making a real impact in BUPA’s EUC IT strategy.
You’ll be able to demonstrate:
- A high level of expertise and knowledge in their specific field or discipline.
- Practical hands-on experience in a specific technical role, with exposure to a range of the key Technical skills required within a specific team within the End User Computing department.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- The ability to isolate and resolve performance problems in complex systems and to recommend ways to support a departmental policy of Continuous Improvement looking to avoid and reduce incidents and problems.
- Exposure to working in an organisation using ITIL Service Management framework. ITIL qualification would be advantage.
Essential – knowledge of the following technologies:
- Single Sign-on technologies – Microsoft ADFS, Azure SSO, Imprivata.
- Multi Factor technologies – RSA Authentication Manager, Microsoft Azure MFA
Desirable – knowledge of the following technologies:
- Scripting & General Windows Server administration tools.
- Microsoft Active Directory and associated technologies (GPO, DNS, WINS, DHCP etc).
- Microsoft Messaging/collaboration – Exchange, Skype for Business, O365 collaboration tools.
- Email Content filtering (preferably Cisco Ironport, Clearswift Secure Email Gateways, Trend Scanmail for Exchange).
- Identity Management (Microsoft FIM/MIM/AADConnect, Microfocus Identity Manager).
- Microsoft Azure/O365 technologies.
- NetApp storage solutions.
- SUSE Linux.
We’re driven by one purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and that that means our people too. As a Bupa employee you’ll be entitled to some fantastic benefits which include 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days as your length of service increases, the option to buy and sell holiday, an enhanced pension plan, life assurance and income protection.
You’ll join our annual bonus scheme, amount variable dependent upon your role and performance. Looking after your health is important to us and you can benefit from our health trust scheme where all our people have the option of taking our market-leading medical insurance cover, which includes mental health support and treatment, at a greatly reduced price as well as a free health assessment every 2 year. Your health and wellbeing matter to us and we provide lots of family friendly policies too. You can keep fit at our free onsite gyms (local gym discounts where no onsite gym).
We will support you to get to work, offering a season ticket loan to spread the cost of an annual train/bus ticket as well as our cycle to work scheme.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.