NATS is the UK’s leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. It provides air traffic control services all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries internationally. Our people are at the heart of our purpose to advance aviation and keep the skies safe.
The Individuals key area of focus is to provide administration and information support to the wider business, ensuring all NATS staff, CAA and NATS Pensioners are compensated correctly. The candidate will be expected to apply standard payroll processes to the daily handling of pay related data including travel and relocation expenses ensuring deadlines are met.
The post holder will be comfortable in dealing with telephone queries and e-mails from external sources supplying relevant information. This will also include liaising with third party companies and providing monthly breakdowns of payments and deductions. There is an additional requirement to maintain an understanding of all EP tasks relevant to the job in order to ensure that customer requirements are met at all times.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Maintaining relationship between EP and its customers
- Prepare month end journals for input to general ledger
- Co-ordinate end of month tasks providing information to customers following relevant payroll checks
- Keeping up to date with current payroll Legislation
- A recognised Payroll Qualification is desirable.
- Previous experience of working in a computerised payroll environment.
- Able to calculate NET pay.
- Flexibility towards the workload requirement.
- Excellent team working skills as well as able to work independently.
- Excellent IT skills, including previous experience using Microsoft.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- A willingness to participate in the development and implementation of organisational and business changes.
- Experience using SAP (not essential but beneficial)
We have adopted agile working to provide greater flexibility and increased choice over working arrangements, with the opportunity for this role to work in our modern office facilities as well as remotely. We also welcome discussions on flexible and part-time working arrangements. Find out more here.
We are proud to offer a fantastic total reward package to help you thrive both personally and professionally. In addition to a competitive salary that’s regularly reviewed, as a member of our senior management group you’ll also benefit from an annual performance related incentive, private healthcare and dental cover, a market-leading defined contribution pension scheme, generous leave entitlement with the option to purchase additional leave, a range of other benefits and retail discounts, wellness support and a comprehensive learning and development offering.
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry.